Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Rendezvous with the Sea

I drifted along in the stormy sea,
Like clouds in the sky on a windy day,
The silent waves crept up unnoticed,
And swept me into the vast bay.

My thoughts turned towards the dark night,
Which surrounded me from all sides,
In the emptiness of the ocean wide ,
And the rumbling of the tides.

As the sun rose, the waves grew higher,
They were so high, they touched the sky.
There was no one to help me out,
Nor did my Father hear my cry.

Then all at once I saw a shore,
The haven of an enormous island.
Never in my life had I been so happy,
To see a piece of barren land.

The current lifted me above the crest,
And the welcoming shore I reached.
A last, last glance at the sea behind me,
As I fell into the deep slumber of those fatigued.

1 comment:

Andy said...

gr8 piece once again..although substance wise i luvd da one bout da elders, dis 1's a fav coz o its uniqueness in describing a mis-adventure...n da ending...2 gud...neither -ve nor +ve...js a cue 4 da reader 2 end..nyc re...where were ya hidden till now o athena!!:P